Turns out you can no longer delete photos from your iPhone on your PC…
THIS IS A FULL “STEP BY STEP” GUIDE TO BULK DELETING A SELECTION OF MULTIPLE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM YOUR IPHONE
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MADE ANY BACKUPS OF PHOTOS YOU WANT TO KEEP BEFORE DELETING THEM!
1. Open Photos App
2. In camera roll make sure you are in “Albums” (bottom right)
3. Scroll up/down to where you want to start deleting from (if you want to keep your most recent photos and videos)
4. Tap “Select” (top right). Then tap the last photo you want deleted and drag your finger across or up (to select more than one photo)
5. While still holding your selecting finger on the screen, Tap the top of the screen (where the clock is) with another finger.
This will automatically scroll you all the way up to the older images at the top of your camera roll and select everything in between.
6. Tap delete (Bin / Trashcan Icon) and confirm, wait a few seconds and the photos will be deleted (almost)
Naturally you would be expecting this to have removed the photos and videos freeing up valuable space for more lovely photos, videos and apps wouldn’t you?
WRONG! THERE ARE A FEW MORE STEPS TO ACTUALLY DELETE THEM…
7. Tap “< Albums” (top left) and scroll to “Recently Deleted”. Then tap “Select” (top right)
8. Tap “Delete All” (bottom left) and then confirm you really want to delete the photos completely.
Of course Apple have made this SO intuitive you could have easily figured this all out for yourself, right? ;)
If this blog post has helped you please feel free to say thanks sharing it on twitter/facebook/whatever