Is outlook taking forever when doing imap send/receive or synchronizing subscribed imap folders?
I had the same problem when trying to connect to imap using gmail accounts.
Here’s how I resolved the issue..
- Navigate to File >> Options >> Advanced
- Scroll down to the “Send and receive” heading
- Click on the “Send/Receive…” button on the right.
- On the right hand side of the send/receive groups window that opens click on the “Edit…” button.
- Un-check “Get folder unread count for subscribed folders”
- Under “Receive mail items”, select the option “Use the custom behavior defined below”
- In the “Folder Options” list below that displays your imap folders just select inbox and leave the others unchecked.
- Click “OK” and then exit out of options.
Now do a send/receive to test if it is now working a bit quicker. Hopefully it is and your imap speed issues are sorted!
If this helps you out please feel free to say thanks by clicking “Buy Me a Coffee” PayPal button in the sidebar (down the bottom on mobiles) or via https://www.paypal.me/AlanHart