Toast sandwiches are a good way of saving money as well as calories.
Simply have one toast sandwich for lunch and nothing else.
Or for the less extreme approach have one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner (only 990 calories per day)
Try it for a week or two and watch the weight fly off!
Ingreditents / Nutrition Information:
3 Slices of white bread (240 Calories)
10g Butter (90 Calories)
Total Calories: 330
Total Cost: About 7.5 Pence
You could make 13 Toast Sandwiches for one pound and still have 2.5p change!
The Toast Sandwich Diet costs less than 50p per week!
How to make a Toast Sandwich:
- 1. Toast a thin slice of bread
- 2. Butter two slices of bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Place the toast between the two slices of bread-and-butter to form a sandwich.
- Add an egg for more protein only adds about 8p to the cost PLUS keep you fuller for longer – also makes it taste a bit nicer.
- Add half a can of sardines for more fat costs about 19p adds some fish to your diet and again helps you to feel fuller for longer.
- For more nutrients try adding some vegetables, such as cucumbers or carrots or some tomatoes.
- As a naughty treat add a small amount of grated cheese.
Recommended Daily Allowance
The new UK Department of Health Estimated Average Requirements (EAR) are a daily calorie intake of:
2079 calories per day for women (up from 1940)
2605 calories per day for men (up from 2550)
How many calories are needed each day can vary greatly depending on lifestyle and other factors.
Before making any changes to your regular diet i recommend that you talk to your doctor first so you can modify your diet program/plan based on known health issues together.